Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme: Whopping fellowship of Rs 70,000 a month during the first two years, Rs 75,000 per month during the third year and Rs 80,000 per month during the fourth and the fifth year.
It’s a very good opportunity for B Tech students who dream about pursuing PhD courses at prestigious IITs and IISc. The Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme has been launched to help convert brain drain into brain gain. The Modi Cabinet has approved rime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme at a cost of Rs 1,650 crore for a period of seven years, beginning in 2018-19. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced the scheme in his budget speech in Parliament on February 1.
From fellowship amount to how to apply, here are all the important details:-
– Under Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research, students who have completed or are in final year of B.Tech or integrated M.Tech or M.Sc in science and technology streams at IISc, IITs, NITs, IISERs, IIITs will be offered direct admissions in PhD programmes in IITs and IISc.
– Students, who would fulfil the eligibility criteria and get shortlisted, would be offered a fellowship of Rs 70,000 a month during the first two years, Rs 75,000 per month during the third year and Rs 80,000 per month during the fourth and the fifth year
– A research grant of Rs two lakh each will also be provided to the fellows for a period of five years to cover their foreign travel expenses for presenting research papers at international conferences and seminars.
– A maximum of 3,000 Fellows would be selected in a three year period beginning 2018-19.
– To apply and know more details log on to http://www.primeministerfellowshipscheme.in/